Important changes coming to Payroll and Payroll Accounting were key topics of the October meeting of HR Stars. According to Heather Kidd of the Office of Human Resources, the key points to remember and share with employees about Payroll are:
- Payroll information, including past pay stubs and balances, will be easily accessed from the new MyU portal, under the “My Pay” tab.
- Pay statements will look somewhat different. They will show greater detail, including specifying regular pay, paid absences or overtime pay.
- University employees will not see any changes to how and when they are paid.
Key changes coming to Payroll Accounting include:
- Distribution entry will be separate from appointment entry to help ensure the timely entry of appointments, as well as timeliness of paying employees.
- The new distribution entry process introduces four funding options: Appointment Level, Position Level, Pool Level, and Department Level.
- Units/departments need to decide how to handle distribution levels according to their business needs.
At the meeting, HR Star Shannon Luloff of the Academic Health Center shared some of the ways she is helping her unit prepare for The Upgrade. She emphasized the important role of the HR Stars, an advance team of more than 100 HR professionals throughout the five system campuses who provide advice and disseminate information about The Upgrade.
View presentation slides from the meeting or watch the video. For more information about the HR Stars, please contact Nicole Salm in the Office of Human Resources at (612) 626-2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.