Providing some level of system training and awareness to all human resource staff -- even those who are not regular system users -- is a unique approach among the ESUP work streams. Participants were introduced to the project and overall training approach, as well as major system changes and integrations. HRMS training lead Amanda Wolford also shared a few specific examples of how the system changes should enhance the work of OHR staff and encouraged attendees to think of others.
Finally, each table was asked to use what they had learned to develop an HRMS elevator speech: “If you were on an elevator and someone asked you about the HRMS Upgrade Project, what would you say?” Participants easily shared key HRMS Upgrade Project outcomes covered in the training, including:
- Streamlined processes and reduced system customization;
- Simplified appointment structure with a place for everything and everything in its place;
- A new emphasis on Position data, which drives downstream functions;
- Enhanced system integration and reducing data entry;
- Online time and absence recording and approvals, eliminating paper processes; and
- Improved data quality and reporting.
*Note: This training is only available for OHR staff members at this time.