The current system will be taken offline at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 8. When the Upgrade is complete (scheduled for April 20), the new Parent/Guest Access system will be available.
What’s changing?There are two important changes for Parent/Guest Access:
- Students will share grade information by granting access to their unofficial transcript.
- Parent/Guest Access will be system-wide. That means if a student has attended more than one University of Minnesota campus, the access to the student record will include information from all campuses attended.
What do I need to do now?
- Students should review the access they currently have set up. This is the access that will be converted to the new Parent/Guest Access system during the Upgrade - with one exception:
- If you are a student who has provided access to grades but not holds, be aware that your parent/guest will not have access to grades after go-live. If you grant access to holds now, they will have access to your unofficial transcript after the Upgrade is complete.
- If you are a student (or the parent of a student) who has initiated the Parent/Guest Access process, be sure it is completed before April 8 at 4:30 p.m. (if not, the student will need to start over in the new system).
What do I need to do when the Upgrade is complete?
- Students are encouraged to review their shared information settings. To do this, go to myu.umn.edu > My Info > Parent/Guest Access > Share My Information.
- Parents should review and confirm their access. To do this, go to myu.umn.edu > Key Links > Parent/Guest Access.
BackgroundParent/Guest Access must be granted by the student in order for a parent or guest to access the details or to view and make payments for the student’s account. Students can grant access (allowing parents/guests full access to view the student account and complete online billing and payment) or view-only access to things such as class schedule, financial aid, holds, and unofficial transcripts. No level of access allows the parent or guest to request an official transcript, register for classes, respond to the eFAAN, or update student personal information.
For studentsHow to authorize access
For parents and guestsHow to complete Parent/Guest Access
How to view/pay your student’s bill (coming soon)
How to access your student’s record coming soon)