Members of the public, and University students, faculty and staff can view the course catalog and class search at z.umn.edu/publiccoursecatalog and z.umn.edu/publicclasssearch. If you would like these links as favorites in MyU, select “Favorites” from the MyU header, then select “Add external link.” A window will open where you can add the desired URL.
Each campus has links for the course catalog and class search posted publicly:
- http://www.catalogs.umn.edu/ (information for all campuses)
- Crookston: http://www3.crk.umn.edu/onestop/registration/index.html
- Duluth: http://www.d.umn.edu/onestop/index.html (see the “Tools” section under “Quick Links”)
- Morris: http://onestop.morris.umn.edu/ (see the “Tools” section under “Quick Links”)
- Rochester: http://www.catalogs.umn.edu/rochester/index.html and http://r.umn.edu/one-stop/students
- Twin Cities: http://onestop.umn.edu/ (see the “Tools” section under “Quick Links”)
Another option faculty and staff have for similar information is the Course Enrollment Report (PDF) within the Reporting Center. That report can be used to:
- view schedule and enrollment information for classes offered within a subject area at an institution for a term
- monitor enrollments by class section
- view reserve seat capacity
- view total number of enrolled students
- view percent full per section. (Combined section information is also listed below each class section).
StudentsCurrent students have the links for class search and course catalogs in MyU in the Academics tab. Students with questions can use the class search how to guide.
Faculty and instructorsThe links for class search and course catalogs will be available in your Teaching tab of MyU as soon as a technical issue is resolved. Additionally, if you navigate in MyU > Teaching tab > Faculty Center, you will find class search there. For more information, see the Faculty Center guide.
Advisers and other staffIf you have the My Advisees tab, you will soon see links for the class search and course catalogs in this tab; those will be added once a technical issue is resolved. You can also favorite the public class search and course catalogs in MyU as described above.
Did you receive an error message?[The error described below has been fixed. If you are still experiencing problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.]
There was a technical issue for some faculty and staff that prevented the public class search and course catalog links from working when already logged into MyU. If you experience this issue, open the links in a browser where you are not logged into any University system (e.g. email, MyU, APLUS). This issue has been resolved.
Tips for using the new Class Search
- The default setting is to show only open courses. To see all courses, remove the check box for “Show open classes only.” We also recommend filling in the campus field if you do this.
- To see online courses, use the “Mode of instruction” field near the bottom of the page.
- To see classes that are lectures, labs, or other formats, use the “Course Component” field near the bottom of the page.
If you have questions, please contact the ASR Training & Support Team at email@example.com or 612.625.2803.